Couple celebrates 60th anniversary with grandchildren, great-grandchild
Happy 60th wedding anniversary to Dee and Bob Kohl who will celebrate today, Thursday.
They were married in St. John Church in Carnegie in 1954. Bob and Dee will celebrate with their two grandchildren, Marianne Senkowski and Jamie Kohl, and their great-grandchild, Jordan Hufmann-Kohl.
• Albert Ross of the Washington Garden Apartments in Carnegie will celebrate his 100th birthday on Aug. 15 with a celebratory dinner. Al has seven children, 14 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
• Happy 91st birthday to Joseph M. F. Mulig of Scott Township who celebrates tomorrow. Joe grew up in Walkers Mill with his two brothers and four sisters.
He is a long-term resident of Scott Township. Joe is a U.S. Navy veteran who served in World War II on the DD Cassin 372. He was married to the late Edna (Wagner) and is father to three daughters, Jo Ann Stenzel, the late Sandra Stewart and the late Vivian Fisher, and has several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
• Happy birthday wishes to Lorraine Ganoe of Carnegie, who celebrates Aug. 16, from your friends Mary Anne, Marie and Lenora. Lorraine is the wife of Jim Ganoe.
• Happy 37th wedding anniversary to Denise (Frasinelli) and Len Kubiak of Scott Township who celebrate on Aug. 20. Denise and Len are the parents of three daughters, Cara (Dave) Gerster, Dana Kubiak and Staci (John) Foran. They have four grandchildren, Katie, Kenny, Alyssa and Aaron.
• John Trecki of Rosslyn Heights celebrates another year on Aug. 20. John is the husband of Janet Trecki and together they have five children, Mandi, Nicole, John Jr., Jason and Breanna. They are proud of their four grandchildren, Anthony, J.T., Pammy and Danielle. John is the son of Phyllis Trecki of Pittsburgh.
• Happy anniversary to Cassie and Danny Bryan of Rosslyn Heights who celebrate on Aug. 18. Danny is the son of Joan and the late Jack Bryan of Cubbage Hill. Also, happy birthday to Beth (Kenneth) Bryan who celebrates on Aug. 20. Beth and Kenneth are the parents of three children.
• Lenny and Mark Turnbull of Collier Township will celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary on Aug. 18. They are the parents of Danielle and Jessie. Also, they are proud of their four grandchildren, Austin, Travis and newborn twins, Oliver Joseph and Alice Marie.
• Happy 12th birthday to Morgan Floyd of Carnegie who celebrates Aug. 16. She is the daughter of Holly (Reiss) Floyd and granddaughter of Betty and Bob Reiss of Carnegie. Morgan has a little brother Jacob.
• Linda and Bob Kelley of Rosslyn Heights will celebrate their 28th wedding anniversary on Aug. 15.
• Happy 15th birthday to Jacob Kundra of Heidelberg who celebrates Aug. 16. He is the son of Joan and Ken Kundra and grandson of Mary Ann and the late John “Ken” Kundra of Cubbage Hill and Audrey and the late Ray Teyssier of Glendale.
• Happy sixth wedding anniversary to Nancy and Jim Boyd who celebrate on Aug. 16. Jim is a 1974 grad of Chartiers Valley and Nancy is a 1975 grad of Chartiers Valley.
• Birthday wishes are sent to Randy Shaffer of Glendale who celebrates on Aug. 15 with his wife, Darlene.
• Happy second birthday to Trace Skeba who celebrates on Aug. 18 with lots of family and friends. Trace is the son of Kim Maust and Pete Skeba and has two older brothers, Gaige and Myles.
• Chris Houghton Sr. of Carnegie, will celebrate his birthday on Aug. 17 with family and friends. Chris is the husband of Charmaine and they have five sons, Chris Jr., Matthew, Spencer, Landon and Logan. They have four grandchildren, Jacque, Emmanuel, Taniya and Tyasia.
• Happy sixth birthday to Gabrielle Anne Berbach who celebrates today and to her sister, Olivia Marie who celebrates her third birthday on Aug. 18. They are the daughters of Leigh Anne (Mahofski) and Mark Berbach and they have a brother, Nicholas.
• Celebrating her sixth birthday today is Ava Davis of Collier Township. Ava is the daughter of Crystal and Wesley Davis and has a big brother, Wesley, and a little sister, Alyssa Lynn.
• Happy 57th wedding anniversary to Evelyn and Joe Arndt of Bridgeville who celebrate on Aug. 17. They are the parents of four children, Kevin, Lisa, Lori and Greg and also have nine grandchildren.
• A triple birthday celebration this month for three cousins: Rachel Schoen turned 28 on Aug. 11; Joe Klapach also turns 28 on Aug. 22 and Mike Aleski celebrated 29 years on Aug. 5.
• Birthdays this week include, Crystal Baker Keenan, Janet Metz-Piontek, Renea Holden, Tom Pandolfo, Cathy Naccarelli, Max Schaffer and Ryan McGrogan.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Stories of the past come to life at Carnegie Historical Society
- Carnegie motorcycle rental business offers ‘travel experience’
- Rennerdale artist displays years of work in Loretto museum
- Scott ‘Charter Oak’ sprouts tales of marking border between Pa., Virginia
- Green Tree officials search for new police chief
- Chartiers Valley remembers those who gave their lives
- Carlynton proposes property tax hike