Town Talk: Carnegie family plans May 2015 wedding
Curtis L. Fordham Jr. and Gina Malizio of East Carnegie announce the engagement of their daughter, Desirea Fordham, to Jamod Kelley, son of Robert and Paulette Alford of Easton.
Desirea and Jamod met in 2010 while pursuing their degrees at Clarion University. A May 2015 wedding is planned in Key Largo, Fla.
• Happy 92nd birthday to Judith Rosa Scott of Carnegie, whose birthday was Aug. 8. Judith moved to Bridgeville from Casa Sola, Italy, with her family at the age of 6. Now, she is the proud mother of Bill and Raould Scott, grandmother of Sarina, Justin and Marshall and the great-grandmother of Lilliana and Brianna Scott. She holds the honor of step-grandmother to Lydia Dubay, Justin Dubay and Sophia Klevemann and is the great-grandmother to their children, Carly and Penelope Dubay and Jenny, Sicily, Alayna, Scarlette and Ezekiel Klevemann.
• Kym Aston of Carnegie celebrated her 60th birthday with a grand party at The Cornerstone on Aug. 15. Friends and family as far as California and Las Vegas arrived for the festivities. Her daughters, NaTosha and Nikole helped to coordinate the event, and fun was had by all.
• Nikole Li Aston of Carnegie was presented with the Stylist of the Year award by Style Week Pittsburgh. The Style Awards event took place at the Blue Line Ultra Lounge on Aug. 14. Nikole is the owner/stylist of AstonishingStyle Inc., a fashion-styling and consulting firm. Her email address is email@example.com.
• Harry and Jack Lynch of Carnegie will celebrate their birthday on Tuesday. Harry and Jack are the owner/operators of Lynch Brothers Construction and started their business 40-plus years ago. Harry is the husband of Carole (Woods), and they have three children, Candace (Gerry) Lieder of Kennedy Township, Courtney (Bob) Crawford of Pittsburgh and Curt (Kelli) Lynch of Carnegie. Carole and Harry have six grandchildren, Gavin, Garrett, Camryn, Corinne, Cole and Cayleigh. Jack's family includes his girlfriend, Linda, and children, Kristen (Tom) Lane, Carrie (Steve) Pletcher and Eric. Jack has three grandchildren, Kassidy, Ethan and Sophia.
• Katie McGuire of Rosslyn Farms celebrates her birthday on Wednesday. Katie is the wife of Bob McGuire and Mom to Maddy, Greg and Alaina. Sugar is the family dog.
• Heidi and Aaron LeRoy of Mt. Lebanon celebrate their third anniversary today, Thursday. Aaron is the son of Deborah Simmons of Bethel Park and Keith LeRoy of Scott Township and the grandson of Virginia LeRoy of Scott Township.
• Happy fifth birthday to Harley Lynn Connor of Carnegie, who will celebrate Sunday with her family. Harley is the daughter of Amanda Kolle and Shawn Connor. Grandparents include Grandma Becky and Pap Pap Carl, Grandma Debbie and the late Charles Kolle, and Grandma Diana of Munhall. Harley's aunt is aunt is Frannie Kolle.
• Cole Jacob Lynch will celebrate his 10th birthday Sunday. Cole is the son of Kelli and Curt Lynch of Carnegie; has a little sister, Cayleigh; and is a fifth-grader at Carnegie Elementary School.
Michael Corba of Carnegie will celebrate another year on Tuesday. He is the husband of Grace (Chilton) Corba. They are the parents of Andy (Nikki), Mary (Eric) Kizina and Chelsea, and they have four grandchildren, Lilia Grace, Ruthie Marie, Mackenzie Jane and Declan.
• John and Sheila Kaminski of Scott Township will celebrate their 41st wedding anniversary Monday.
• Mason Follmer of Rosslyn Farms will celebrate his 18th birthday Friday with his mom, Michele; dad, Jack; and brother, Adam.
• Brooklyn Taylor Rosswog celebrated her first birthday on Wednesday. She is the daughter of Stephanie and Brian Rosswog of Carnegie and granddaughter of Christine and Joe Walnoha of Carnegie and Marcy and Dave Rosswog of Valencia. She is the little sister of Luke Joseph Rosswog, who is almost 3.
• Gerry Skvarca of Carnegie Radiator on Jane Street celebrate his birthday today, Thursday. Gerry is married to Colleen, and they have two children, Erin Baird and Rob.
• Happy birthday to Margy (Sams) Beck of Carnegie, who will celebrate Sunday with her husband, Jimmy, and son, Montana Trombetta. Also, happy birthday to her sister-in-law, Terri (May) Sams of Green Tree, who will celebrate Sept. 11 with her husband, Tommy, and pet, Lily.
• Birthdays this week include Mary Beth Nichol, Sal Mollica, Nicole Robertson, Carly White, Chrissy Fiori, Erin Heinrich Trombetta, Lynne Tinnion, Denise McGrogan and Jake Hatcher.
• Anna Marie and Bud Struth of Surfside Beach, S.C., formerly of Scott Township, are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary today, Thursday. They are the parents of Terri Hannan, David (Debra) Struth, Michael Struth and Robert (Carrie) Struth. Anna Marie and Bud have seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Cindy Babish Schultz is a Trib Total Media columnist. She can be reached at 412-249-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.