Cranberry girl earns Kean Quest award
Singing sensation Jackie Evancho presented Paige Hurbanek of Cranberry with the third annual “Jackie Evancho Award” during the Kean Quest Talent Search Youth Finals at the Kean Theatre last week.
The award is presented to a contestant that, like Jackie, has competed in Kean Quest for two or more years, works hard, never gives up and continues to follow his or her dreams no matter the outcome of the competition.
Paige played the guitar and performed an original composition titled “Cold Dreams.” She has competed in Kean Quest for seven years and attends eighth grade at St. Kilian Parish School.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Western PA Wildcatz semipro football team chasing national title
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Shooting in Northview Heights leaves one man dead, another injured
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Takei to host Pittsburgh Pops ‘Sci-Fi’ concerts
- Duquense teen to stand trial on charges he shot, killed unborn child
- Lenders could move against Anchor Hocking as extension expires
- Law enforcement, intelligence agencies want to ‘like’ you on social media
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency
- Penn State gets verbal commitment from Maryland defensive end