Evans City playground a product of a lot of hard work
Last fall the principals of Evans City Schools informed the PTO board that several items on the lower playground were in need of being repaired or replaced. The PTO took action and voted to move forward with heading up a seven-month project to replace it.
The PTO funded $18,000 for the new playground, which was installed during the summer by Snider and Associates. The INTENSITY® Fitness Play structure keeps the kids moving, spinning, climbing and jumping.
The Evans City PTO received a discount of about $5,000 on the playground, through the Burke Budget Extension In-Kind Grant.
The Evans City PTO paid for the equipment using money from its various fundraisers, including its signature fall fundraiser, book fairs and parent donations.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Top Sports Pics - Sept. 1, 2014
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Reporting abroad, he saw the world & journalism change
- MLB notebook: Astros fire manager amid dismal season
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance