A list of Fourth of July activities in Butler County
All events are scheduled for Friday
6 to 8 p.m.: Bring your own float or borrow one from the township for Noodle Night at the Cranberry Community Waterpark at North Boundary Park. C.T's Snack Shack will be open.
• 3 p.m.: The Independence Day celebration includes vendor booths, food and games for kids on Main Street, downtown.
• 4 p.m.: Lineup begins for the annual Fourth of July parade. Everyone can march.
• Dusk: Fireworks set off at the reservoir but visible from anywhere in Mars.
• 4 p.m.: Baseball, Band and Boom — The Butler Bluesox take on the Danville Dans at Kelly Automotive Park, followed by a performance by the Aimee Jane Willer Band.
• Dusk: Fireworks at Kelly Automotive Park
The Big Butler Fair
• 9 a.m. The Big Butler Fairgrounds open on New Castle Road in Prospect
• Dusk: Shively's Gigantic Fourth of July fireworks display
Moraine State Park
7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Lake Arthur: Fish for Free Day allows anyone to legally fish for Pennsylvania's most popular fish without a fishing license.
• 8 a.m.: The Firecracker 5K and Walk and 1 Mile Run and Walk to benefit the nonprofit Friends of the Park kicks off at the Zelienople Community Park.
• 11 a.m.: The annual Fourth of July parade takes place on Main Street, followed by a celebration with games, food and more at Zelienople Community Park.
• 2:30 p.m.: The annual Derby Duck Race at the Zelienople Community Pool. Each rubber duck costs $10. Prizes include $250, $500, $1,000 or one of 100 other prizes, gift cards or baskets. Proceeds benefit the Friends of the Park.
• 9:45 p.m.: Fireworks at Zelienople Community Park.
— Jessica Bruni Sinichak