Cedar Run Road closing for maintenance
By Tawnya Panizzi
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Portions of Cedar Run Road in Indiana Township will be closed this week for maintenance.
Motorists who travel the road will face closures mainly during daylight hours, township manager Dan Anderson said.
“It would generally be times between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.,” he said.
Cedar Run Road stretches along the northwestern part of the township, off Route 910.
Anderson said the work is part of routine maintenance to prepare the township road for winter.
The township's public works department rented a machine called “The Zipper,” he said.
“It's a milling machine, and the roughest parts of the road will be made back to a gradable state,” he said. “It's to improve the surface condition of the road prior to winter.”
Only portions of the road will be closed at once, so it still will be passable.
Work is expected to last about a week.
Roadwork also is expected to stall traffic along the Highland Park Bridge this week.
PennDOT crews will be inspecting overhead signs for safety.
Short-term lane closures will occur between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Only one direction will be restricted at a time.
Tawnya Panizzi is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-782-2121, ext. 2 or at email@example.com.
- Incumbent Panza secures Democratic nod for Sharpsburg mayor
- Senior golf tour gift benefits Cooper-Siegel Community Library in Fox Chapel
- Race heats up for Sharpsburg Council
- Fox Chapel Area homeowners expect to pay more taxes
- Sharpsburg seeks help demolishing old homes
- Sharpsburg residents can name boat ramp
- Sharpsburg rental inspection rules changing
- Fox Chapel woman devoted to improving community
- Tawn Talk: Don’t be afraid to get dirty; you just might have fun, learn things
- Contested race shaping up for Fox Chapel Area School Board Region 3
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.