Cedar Run Road closing for maintenance
Portions of Cedar Run Road in Indiana Township will be closed this week for maintenance.
Motorists who travel the road will face closures mainly during daylight hours, township manager Dan Anderson said.
“It would generally be times between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.,” he said.
Cedar Run Road stretches along the northwestern part of the township, off Route 910.
Anderson said the work is part of routine maintenance to prepare the township road for winter.
The township's public works department rented a machine called “The Zipper,” he said.
“It's a milling machine, and the roughest parts of the road will be made back to a gradable state,” he said. “It's to improve the surface condition of the road prior to winter.”
Only portions of the road will be closed at once, so it still will be passable.
Work is expected to last about a week.
Roadwork also is expected to stall traffic along the Highland Park Bridge this week.
PennDOT crews will be inspecting overhead signs for safety.
Short-term lane closures will occur between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Only one direction will be restricted at a time.
Tawnya Panizzi is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-782-2121, ext. 2 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Pittsburgh Mills mall stability questioned
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation
- Springdale to get kayak launch, other riverfront improvements
- Experience ‘Faces and Voices’
- Corbett vows to protect coal industry at Armstrong County rally
- Inappropriate dress wears thin in schools, courts, jails, elsewhere
- Data make strong case for 401(k)
- Health care law compliance complex for employers
- Underestimated income to cost insured workers