Aspinwall to OK budget next month
By Tom McGee
Published: Monday, December 24, 2012, 7:16 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 24, 2012
Aspinwall officials will wait until next month to pass a 2013 budget and set a tax rate.
Council was scheduled to pass the nearly $2 million budget last week but decided to delay approval because of the need to have more accurate property assessment values. Allegheny County will release those numbers by the end of the month.
Community officials now have until the end of January to approve their budgets for the year.
The 2013 budget does not include a tax increase for residents.
Aspinwall Council will next meet at 7 p.m. on Jan. 2 at the borough building on Commercial Avenue.
Starting next month, agenda meetings will begin at 7 p.m. so individual committees can meet at 6:30 p.m.
Council named Black, Basher and Porsch, LLP as the borough independent auditors for the 2012 fiscal year.
The firm would be paid no more than $10,100 for its work.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharpsburg seeks help demolishing old homes
- Fox Chapel Area homeowners expect to pay more taxes
- Senior golf tour gift benefits Cooper-Siegel Community Library in Fox Chapel
- Sharpsburg residents can name boat ramp
- Sharpsburg rental inspection rules changing
- Race heats up for Sharpsburg Council
- Fox Chapel woman devoted to improving community
- Tawn Talk: Don’t be afraid to get dirty; you just might have fun, learn things
- Incumbent Panza secures Democratic nod for Sharpsburg mayor
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.