Aspinwall to OK budget next month
Aspinwall officials will wait until next month to pass a 2013 budget and set a tax rate.
Council was scheduled to pass the nearly $2 million budget last week but decided to delay approval because of the need to have more accurate property assessment values. Allegheny County will release those numbers by the end of the month.
Community officials now have until the end of January to approve their budgets for the year.
The 2013 budget does not include a tax increase for residents.
Aspinwall Council will next meet at 7 p.m. on Jan. 2 at the borough building on Commercial Avenue.
Starting next month, agenda meetings will begin at 7 p.m. so individual committees can meet at 6:30 p.m.
Council named Black, Basher and Porsch, LLP as the borough independent auditors for the 2012 fiscal year.
The firm would be paid no more than $10,100 for its work.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- O’Hara-based furniture drive to benefit Habitat for Humanity
- Aspinwall officers join program to help find lost individuals
- Plan keeps Indiana Twp. tax rate steady
- Masters swim club hits Shady Side Academy pool, seeks members
- Aspinwall officials consider benefits of joining land bank
- Blawnox woman greets Boyd visitors with smile
- Indiana Township launches holiday food drive