Blawnox officials name council member
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Carol Uminski will get the opportunity to serve her hometown.
Uminski was appointed by Blawnox officials to council at the Dec. 20 meeting.
She was the only nominee brought to the floor.
Uminski replaces Anthony Gross who was named mayor after Tom Smith's resignation in November.
Gross' term ends in 2013.
Uminski said she had previously wanted to run for council in the borough but was unable to because of her job.
When that job changed, she decided to apply for the open seat.
“Unfortunately, in the past I was unable to run because of my position,” Uminski said.
Uminski said she is eager to work with officials on issues throughout the borough.
Truck traffic is one area she would like to address.
“The area where I live, there are some trucking issues I'd like to resolve,” she said.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or email@example.com.
- Waterworks McDonald’s opening means more jobs for Fox Chapel Area students
- Fox Chapel sophomore continues to add to honors
- Part of proceeds from Fox Chapel Area Rotary pays for computers for children
- CMU students study offers ways to improve Aspinwall
- Part of Sharpsburg’s Linden Avenue to be paved this year
- Sharpsburg officials use grant money to spruce up small park
- Municipal races gain little interest from Fox Chapel area voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.