Aspinwall officials approve 2013 tax rate
Aspinwall officials set the final tax rate for 2013 at 4.86 mills and approved its $1.9 million budget last week.
Both votes were delayed until final property tax assessment figures were available from Allegheny County.
The tax rate was adjusted from last year's 6.25 mills to keep taxes steady for this year.
Officials finalized the borough budget in November.
Verizon FiOS is coming to Aspinwall.
Borough council unanimously approved a franchise agreement with Verizon last week. The service will be available to about 90 percent of the community. Aspinwall also has a franchise agreement with Comcast.
Residents can begin ordering the service.
Members from the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation will speak at the next Allegheny Together meeting in Aspinwall on Jan. 28, at 6 p.m.
The economic development program will help Aspinwall improve its business community.
Aspinwall joined last year. The meeting will be held at the borough building on Commercial Avenue.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Longtime crossing guard leaves lasting impression on Fox Chapel students, parents
- Fox Chapel Area senior sets sights on Germany
- Love of flying leads Aspinwall pilot to position with Boeing
- Webcam offers footage of Fox Chapel Area High School construction
- Cleaning up entire town discussed by Blawnox officials