Former Sharpsburg recreation president's hearing continued; lawyer gets time to prepare
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 24, 2013
A hearing for Susan Sundo, the former Sharpsburg Recreation Committee president accused of having sex with a 15-year-old boy, was continued last Wednesday and she was ordered not to have contact with the boy.
A preliminary hearing is now scheduled for March 27, at 10 a.m. at District Judge Elissa Lang's court in Sharpsburg.
Sundo, 45, of Sharpsburg, is charged with corruption of minors, statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor.
She was the head of the Sharpsburg Recreation Committee but was removed from her post Jan. 8 after charges were filed.
David J. Shrager, her attorney, said the hearing was continued to allow for more time to prepare for the case.
He described Sundo as an “ordinary, everyday housewife.”
“She has never had any contact with the law whatsoever,” Shrager said.
Shrager said Sundo's family has been supportive of her.
“Her family has rallied around her,” he said.
Shrager said he was unsure of the status of her relationship with her husband.
Sundo did not comment as she left the district court office.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tawn Talk: Don’t be afraid to get dirty; you just might have fun, learn things
- Contested race shaping up for Fox Chapel Area School Board Region 3
- Incumbent Panza secures Democratic nod for Sharpsburg mayor
- Fox Chapel Area homeowners expect to pay more taxes
- Senior golf tour gift benefits Cooper-Siegel Community Library in Fox Chapel
- Sharpsburg seeks help demolishing old homes
- Sharpsburg residents can name boat ramp
- Sharpsburg rental inspection rules changing
- Fox Chapel woman devoted to improving community
- Sharpsburg mayor facing challenge in bid to keep seat
- Security cameras assist Sharpsburg police
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.