Blawnox Volunteer Fire Company appoints officers
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Blawnox officials approved the appointment of six officers for the Blawnox Volunteer Fire Company last week.
George McBriar was confirmed as fire chief. Jim Venti and Jeff Stephens are first and second captain, respectively. Matt Kauper, Tom Witas Jr. and Nate Steinberg are first, second and third lieutenant, respectively.
Councilman Scott Krause, who also is a volunteer fireman, said council likely will have to confirm other officers next month.
A water-tank demolition project on Carla Drive should get under way this week, officials said.
Blawnox officials have been waiting for confirmation of a work schedule from Kosinski Demolition for the work to be completed.
Borough manager Sherry Kordas said she hoped they would be taking the tower down early this week.
An antenna on the tower has been removed to allow the work to proceed.
The next regular council meeting for Blawnox is set for Feb. 28 at 6:30 p.m.
Meetings are held at the borough building at 376 Freeport Road.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or email@example.com.
- Fox Chapel Area homeowners expect to pay more taxes
- Sharpsburg residents can name boat ramp
- Sharpsburg rental inspection rules changing
- Fox Chapel woman devoted to improving community
- Tawn Talk: Don’t be afraid to get dirty; you just might have fun, learn things
- Senior golf tour gift benefits Cooper-Siegel Community Library in Fox Chapel
- Sharpsburg seeks help demolishing old homes
- Incumbent Panza secures Democratic nod for Sharpsburg mayor
- Race heats up for Sharpsburg Council
- Contested race shaping up for Fox Chapel Area School Board Region 3
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.