Fox Chapel OK's budget; tax rate to come
Fox Chapel Council last week approved its 2013 budget but residents will have to wait for the millage rate.
“The amount we expect to receive in real estate tax was determined and once the assessed values are set with all the appeals, we will set the millage rate,” Manager Gary Koehler said.
The borough's total budget is $8.8 million.
If the tax rate remains steady at last year's 2.4 mils, the owner of a home assessed at $200,000 will again pay $480 in property taxes.
“We are halfway through the process,” Koehler said.
Council approved the borough's proposed 2013 budget back in November but delayed a final vote because of the uncertainty of Allegheny County assessments, Koehler said.
“We want to put those numbers in the budget and set the tax rate accordingly,” he said.
“Closer to the time of the tax bills, we will set the millage.”
Council is expecting the rates to remain fairly level with 2012. Any increase would be instituted only to cover the cost of assessment appeals.
In other business:
•Council approved a $5,000 donation to Volunteers of America of PA's All of Us Care, the Sharpsburg-based organization that helps link people with jobs and children with safe after-school activities.
•Council approved the following appointments to borough committees: Nanette Bennett and Walter Scott to the environmental advisory council, John Montgomery to the zoning hearing board and Susan Tusick and Daniel Sliger to the construction board of appeals.
Tawnya Panizzi is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-782-2121, ext. 2 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New owner has big plans for Rock Airport
- Effort to bring fishing event for veterans back to Squaw Valley Park picks up steam
- O’Hara woman offers to help Sharpsburg handle stray cats
- Fox Chapel Area schools forum to feature legislators
- ‘Wicked’ author shares writing tales with Fox Chapel students
- Council approves new rifles for Aspinwall police officers
- Budget plan keeps Aspinwall tax rate steady
- Aspinwall business adds color to holiday spirit
- O’Hara photographer focuses on nature’s beauty
- Crazy sweater tea to be served at Fox Chapel’s Cooper-Siegel Community Library