Sharpsburg officials plan to vote on tax rate
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 7:24 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Sharpsburg officials will vote on the millage for 2013 next week.
Council voted to advertise the rate of 6.23 mills for this year.
Councilman Matthew Rudzki said setting the rate for this year was difficult because of the reassessment numbers from Allegheny County. He said the numbers are still changing.
The proposed rate was reduced from 8.5 mills.
Council President Renee Procopio said the Sharpsburg Recreation Committee is still looking for a third member.
Its president, Susan Sundo, resigned earlier this year.
Procopio said the two remaining members would like the position filled. They plan to meet with someone who is interested in the position.
Business owners and residents in Sharpsburg are being warned that they cannot reserve parking spaces. Spaces are open to the public.
Officials also noted that spots for people with disabilities are not reserved for specific people and can be used by anyone with the proper parking tag.
Sharpsburg officials are looking for a business representative for the Allegheny River Towns and Enterprise Zone.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or email@example.com.
- Sharpsburg seeks help demolishing old homes
- Fox Chapel woman devoted to improving community
- Contested race shaping up for Fox Chapel Area School Board Region 3
- Incumbent Panza secures Democratic nod for Sharpsburg mayor
- Race heats up for Sharpsburg Council
- Fox Chapel Area homeowners expect to pay more taxes
- Senior golf tour gift benefits Cooper-Siegel Community Library in Fox Chapel
- Sharpsburg residents can name boat ramp
- Sharpsburg rental inspection rules changing
- Sharpsburg mayor facing challenge in bid to keep seat
- Tawn Talk: Don’t be afraid to get dirty; you just might have fun, learn things
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.