Blawnox OKs payment for borough building work
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Blawnox Council approved $6,258 worth of payments for the borough-building renovation project.
McRandal Co. received $2,481 and Merrit Electric Group received $3,777.
The companies completed heating and electrical work, respectively, on the project.
Borough manager Sherry Kordas said a few small issues remain, but the companies can be paid.
The payments were contingent on those items being completed.
The borough building project included an expanded police station and an elevator that can take people to the second floor of the building, where meetings are held.
Blawnox officials plan to begin organizing the borough's annual Memorial Day celebration.
Memorial Day is May 27.
The borough regularly holds a parade and program in town on that day.
The next regular council meeting for Blawnox will be March 28.
The 6:30 p.m. meeting will be held at the borough building on Freeport Road.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513, or email@example.com.
- Fox Chapel superintendent to retire
- Fox Chapel sophomore continues to add to honors
- Waterworks McDonald’s opening means more jobs for Fox Chapel Area students
- Part of proceeds from Fox Chapel Area Rotary pays for computers for children
- CMU students study offers ways to improve Aspinwall
- Part of Sharpsburg’s Linden Avenue to be paved this year
- Sharpsburg officials use grant money to spruce up small park
- Officials to revisit business requirements in Sharpsburg
- Perfect attendance only one way Indiana Township student stands out
- Municipal races gain little interest from Fox Chapel area voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.