Blawnox OKs payment for borough building work
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Blawnox Council approved $6,258 worth of payments for the borough-building renovation project.
McRandal Co. received $2,481 and Merrit Electric Group received $3,777.
The companies completed heating and electrical work, respectively, on the project.
Borough manager Sherry Kordas said a few small issues remain, but the companies can be paid.
The payments were contingent on those items being completed.
The borough building project included an expanded police station and an elevator that can take people to the second floor of the building, where meetings are held.
Blawnox officials plan to begin organizing the borough's annual Memorial Day celebration.
Memorial Day is May 27.
The borough regularly holds a parade and program in town on that day.
The next regular council meeting for Blawnox will be March 28.
The 6:30 p.m. meeting will be held at the borough building on Freeport Road.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Aspinwall seeks help collecting ticket fees
- O’Hara, Aspinwall, Fox Chapel, Sharpsburg join forces to save on street paving costs
- Volunteers sought to pull weeds from Trillium Trail
- O’Hara votes to seek bids for community center
- McCormick starred in 3 sports in high school
- Blawnox, Indiana Twp., O’Hara roadwork to commence