Street sweeping begins next month in Sharpsburg
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Sharpsburg's street sweeping program begins next month.
The first day for the program is April 1. Police Chief Leo Rudzki asked residents to take note of the signs in their neighborhood with instructions about what to do during street sweeping months.
Sweeping is done the first and third Mondays and Wednesdays of each month through Nov. 20.
Water tower painting
Once council selects a color for the borough's water tower, work can move forward on that project.
A selection of color options will be presented to officials to decide. Council members have said they want a color that is similar to the old Sharpsburg High School blue.
The water tower project was approved last year. It includes cleaning and repainting the tank.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security cameras assist Sharpsburg police
- Sharpsburg mayor facing challenge in bid to keep seat
- Race heats up for Sharpsburg Council
- Fox Chapel man to cycle 300 miles for charity
- Fox Chapel Area sophomore wins essay contest
- Aspinwall riverfront park plan unveiled
- Unveiling of UPMC St. Margaret’s Garden of Hope scheduled for this month
- Aspinwall woman helps lead park party effort
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.