Sharpsburg officials use grant money to spruce up small park
The entrance to Sharpsburg's business district looks a bit brighter.
Work on what is known as the S-Bend Pocket Park, near the beginning of the borough's business district, was completed by Posa Landscaping Co. of Sharpsburg last month.
The borough received a $5,000 grant from the Fox Chapel District Association to improve the plot of land. The landscaping company was awarded the contract last month.
Dino Posa, owner of the landscaping company, said work at the site was needed.
“It was an eyesore,” he said.
After two days of landscaping, including installation of trees, bushes, shrubs and mulch, the park was ready to open. Posa said he is pleased with the work.
“It makes quite a big difference,” Posa said.
Officials expressed pleasure with the finished project at the borough's last council meeting. The land is located near H.R. Curry Co. along Main Street.
“It looks awesome,” Council President Renee Procopio said.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vendor fair in Sharpsburg to offer shoppers unique items
- Sharpsburg sidewalk fix put on hold
- Portion of Aspinwall’s Riverfront Park to open to visitors
- Garbage pickup fees on rise in Indiana Twp.
- Ceremony breaks ground on Lauri Ann West Community Center in O’Hara
- Fox Chapel Area student’s mission: collect books so young children can enjoy reading