Aspinwall park upgrade planned
Aspinwall Neighborhood Watch will provide a wish list of items for planned improvements at Fountain Park.
The group has been raising money through the last two National Night Out events for equipment upgrades and other park improvements.
In addition to funds raised by the group, the borough has $5,000 set aside for work. The money will be spent before the end of the year, borough manager Melissa Lang said.
Work should be complete within the next eight months, said Councilman Jim Donahoe, who oversees the parks committee.
“They should be able to finish the upper Fountain Park and do a really nice job,” Donahoe said.
A $20,000 grant from the Allegheny Valley North Council of Governments for handicap-accessible items will also be available for the group to use.
That can help with handicap-accessible bathrooms, ramps and other items needed.
The group has done a good job of preparing for work to be done, Donahoe said. “They're doing a really good job of planning it. It's going to be really nice,” he said.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Volunteers gear up for Heritage Day in Sharpsburg
- Fox Chapel Area receives grant; seeks partner school to mentor
- Wolves return a Sharpsburg success story
- Fox Chapel Area homecoming to feature football, carnival, tight parking
- RIDC trail plan takes step forward
- Hartwood Fest to raise money to repair stables, organ
- Animal Friends suggests trap, release program for Sharpsburg stray cats
- Sharpsburg fills board vacancies
- Waterplant upgrades get Sharpsburg Council OK