Marsico to remain Aspinwall fire chief
Aspinwall Volunteer Fire Department Chief Gene Marsico and Assistant Fire Chief Joe Giuffre Jr. will remain in their positions for the next three years.
Both were re-elected by the department and the appointments were confirmed by council at a meeting earlier this month.
Aspinwall Council's reorganization meeting is scheduled for Jan. 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the borough building, 217 Commercial Ave.
Newly-elected council members Ann Pawlikowski and Ann Marsico will be sworn into office along with current officials Joe Noro and Mark Ellermeyer along with new mayor Joe Giuffre.
The general election was Nov. 5.
The next council meeting is scheduled for Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. at the borough building on Commercial Avenue.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Iraqi libraries ransacked
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Springdale trestle bridge deemed structurally sound
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- As banking goes mobile, branch closures rip through local economy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- New Kensington woman struck by vehicle, injured