Former O'Hara councilman faces preliminary hearing
Former O'Hara councilman Alan Templin will face a preliminary hearing at 10 a.m. on May 21 before District Judge Elissa Lang in Sharpsburg on charges that include 10 counts of possession of child pornography.
Templin, 55, of Conrad Drive, O'Hara, was arraigned last week in Allegheny County night court on charges that also include criminal use of a computer and risking a catastrophe. Police said they found gas leaking from the stove in Templin's home when they arrived on the morning of May 8.
According to court documents, no one was home when officers entered the house. The gas leak was discovered by an officer who was able to turn the gas off while police called the fire department.
Agents seized several handguns and rifles, a kitchen knife and a computer on which agents found what they suspect is child pornography.
Templin was arrested after he arrived home later that afternoon.
Templin represented O'Hara's 5th Ward on council for one term, from 2010 through 2013, when he lost his re-election bid.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Portion of Aspinwall’s Riverfront Park to open to visitors
- Sharpsburg sidewalk fix put on hold
- Garbage pickup fees on rise in Indiana Twp.
- Ceremony breaks ground on Lauri Ann West Community Center in O’Hara
- Fox Chapel Area student’s mission: collect books so young children can enjoy reading
- Vendor fair in Sharpsburg to offer shoppers unique items
- Sharpsburg mural project has a home
- Camp Guyasuta in Sharpsburg gets into Halloween spirit