Webcam offers footage of Fox Chapel Area High School construction
Residents who are interested in following the Fox Chapel Area High School construction can get updates at their fingertips thanks to a webcam installed at the site along Field Club Road.
The equipment is fixed on the new natatorium, across from the athletic fields and tennis courts.
It takes a photo of work every 15 minutes.
“The installation of the webcam is a great way to keep the public updated on the progress,” District Coordinator of Communications Bonnie Berzonski said.
The district's website, www.fcasd.edu , offers a time-lapse video of work that has been done over the last several weeks.
To access the webcam, visit the website, click the construction link and then click high school.
The building will look much different when students return to the classrooms next month after summer break.
Construction that kicked off in spring is moving along at a rapid pace, with the pool demolished, the auditorium gutted and the library windows and floors replaced.
The school board approved more than $30 million to be poured into the 53-year-old school along Field Club Road as part of a district-wide construction project that will last three years.
“Our contractors have been very busy,” Berzonski said.
Projects over the summer have included a new roof on the auxiliary gym and auditorium, a new concrete floor poured in the library, window frames and a door in the library, and ceiling tiles in the music corridor near the auditorium.
The upcoming schedule includes painting the gym, excavating an underground retention tank and completing the pool caissons.
“We anticipate that the interior work on the auxiliary gym will be done by sports camps, which start near the beginning of August,” Berzonski said.
Work in the main gym will be completed by the beginning of the school year, she said, as well as extensive work in several restrooms and in the library/media center.
Ongoing renovations will continue on the pool area and the auditorium for the next several months.
Tawnya Panizzi is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-782-2121, ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Free Rides for Seniors expands service in Aspinwall, Blawnox and Sharpsburg
- Fox Chapel grad, songwriter teams with Lou Christie on latest song
- Fresh in Fox Chapel: Farm market offers plenty
- Photo gallery: Fox Chapel library summer camp blends Legos, robots
- Aspinwall residents can get rewarded for recycling
- Fox Chapel seeks volunteers to clear way for trail section
- Fox Chapel Area school lunch prices going up
- Neighbor: Making backyards bug free a business for Fox Chapel woman
- Sharpsburg councilman says feeding geese an issue at James Sharp Landing
- Fox Chapel, Camp Guyasuta events canceled June 27
- Fox Chapel library program teaches children challenges astronauts face