Aspinwall Volunteer Fire Dept. hosting wine tasting fundraiser
Aspinwall Volunteer Fire Department members will invite guests to raise their glasses later this month, as part of a new fundraiser.
The department will hold an Italian wine tasting event on Aug. 30 at Parkview Volunteer Fire Department Social Hall in O'Hara.
Joe Giuffre, assistant fire chief, said the department was looking for a different way to raise money.
“There's all these different types of fundraisers that fire departments are already having, from bingos to cash bashes to gun bashes, fairs... So, we're just looking to expand who donates to us and do something that's not over saturated,” Giuffre said.
For its first wine tasting, Giuffre said, the department wanted a wide selection to work with and chose wines from Italy.
“We don't want to narrow it down,” Giuffre said. “We're just trying baby steps and take it from there,” Giuffre said.
The department hopes to do more tasting events, if the first one is a success, Giuffre said.
“We're just trying to do something different to keep people's interest,” he said. The event also will include door prizes, basket raffles and a 50/50.
Tom McGee is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘I Heart Blawnox’ ministry aimed to rally community
- Upgrades in store for Fox Chapel Area students
- Turning off some lights could save cash in Blawnox
- Work continues on Lauri Ann West Community Center in O’Hara, fall opening eyed
- Aspinwall Catholic school enrollment grows; technology advances
- Reading with a buddy a joy for O’hara woman
- Community garden considered for Blawnox
- Shady Side Academy returns to 7-day boarding
- More bridge work detours Indiana Twp. drivers
- Route 28 north ramp in Sharpsburg to close for work