Hempfield elementary schools to hold registration
Published: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 4:46 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 18, 2013
Hempfield Area School District will offer kindergarten and first-grade registration for the 2013-14 school year this month.
Officials are urging residents to register children in February to assist with enrollment and staffing projections.
Children entering kindergarten must be 6 years old by Aug. 31 this year to qualify for enrollment. Children already enrolled in the district for kindergarten have already been registered for first grade.
Registration will be held at each elementary school. Parents and guardians in a neighborhood that has been redistricted with the future closing of Bovard Elementary should register children at the school where they attend next year.
Alternate locations may be used by those unable to attend on the date scheduled for their school.
Those dates are:
• Fort Allen — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 22 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 21. Principal Marty Rovedatti-Jackson can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-850-2501.
• Maxwell — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 19 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 20. Principal Alene Mancini can be reached at email@example.com or 724-850-3500.
• Stanwood — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 22 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 21. Principal Raymond Burk can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-838-4000.
• West Hempfield — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 19 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 20. Principal Randall Sarnelli can be contacted at email@example.com or 724-850-2780.
• West Point — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 20 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 19. Principal Audrey Dell can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-850-2270.
Registrants must bring the child's birth certificate, record of immunizations and two proofs of residency. Registrants will need a photo driver's license, a lease or sales agreement and one of the following: current utility bill, insurance card, wage-tax statement or paycheck stub.
- Capt. Seranko will soon retire from Greensburg police
- Greensburg health care district one step closer to fruition
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.