Hempfield elementary schools to hold registration
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, 4:46 a.m.
Hempfield Area School District will offer kindergarten and first-grade registration for the 2013-14 school year this month.
Officials are urging residents to register children in February to assist with enrollment and staffing projections.
Children entering kindergarten must be 6 years old by Aug. 31 this year to qualify for enrollment. Children already enrolled in the district for kindergarten have already been registered for first grade.
Registration will be held at each elementary school. Parents and guardians in a neighborhood that has been redistricted with the future closing of Bovard Elementary should register children at the school where they attend next year.
Alternate locations may be used by those unable to attend on the date scheduled for their school.
Those dates are:
• Fort Allen — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 22 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 21. Principal Marty Rovedatti-Jackson can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-850-2501.
• Maxwell — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 19 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 20. Principal Alene Mancini can be reached at email@example.com or 724-850-3500.
• Stanwood — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 22 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 21. Principal Raymond Burk can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-838-4000.
• West Hempfield — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 19 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 20. Principal Randall Sarnelli can be contacted at email@example.com or 724-850-2780.
• West Point — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 20 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 19. Principal Audrey Dell can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-850-2270.
Registrants must bring the child's birth certificate, record of immunizations and two proofs of residency. Registrants will need a photo driver's license, a lease or sales agreement and one of the following: current utility bill, insurance card, wage-tax statement or paycheck stub.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hempfield grad designs Fashion Week collection
- Greensburg Central Catholic grad takes novel approach to Machiavelli
- Former restaurant building will house homeless felines
- Site offers help in finding Greensburg apartments, student housing