Greensburg Summer in the City Festival celebrates the summer
The Summer in the City Festival will be held July 25-27 in Greensburg, with a New Orleans Style theme:
Events will run from 5 to 10 p.m. in the business and cultural district. Downtown open-house specials will be offered in businesses, restaurants and pubs.
• In the parklet next to Art-Tech Supplies, 135 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Stage Right! will give a dramatic interpretation of the children's book, ”Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel” at 12:15 p.m.
Satya Yoga LLC will offer a children's yoga class at 1 p.m., followed by an adult class at 2 p.m.
Poetry readings will begin at 3 p.m., with Stephanie Brea, Adam Matcho, Kelly Scarff and a reader to be announced.
• Open Mic begins at 7 p.m. at DV8 Espresso Bar & Art Gallery, 208 S. Pennsylvania. Participants can play music or read poetry or just listen. Sign-ups start at 6:30 p.m. and will go until 6:55.
Events will run in the business and cultural district from 4 to 6:30 p.m., when the action moves to St. Clair Park.
• The SummerSounds concert series presents Guggenheim Grotto at the park. Their Gaelic folk rock will start at 7 p.m. Preshow music from Ben Shannon will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Festivities will be held from noon until 7 p.m., with all sorts of live music performances and vendors around the city.
• A drumming circle will begin at noon at the parking lot of DV8 Espresso Bar & Art Gallery, 208 S. Pennsylvania. Artists are still needed to set up a table to sell their work that day, at no charge.
• Stage Right! will offer “Singing at Summer in the City,” otherwise known as karaoke, 1-4 p.m. on Saturday at its parking lot at 105 W. Fourth Street.
Other festival activities will be available in the parking lot behind Mr. Toad's.
Information is being posted on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SummerInTheCityGBG