Jeannette's 125th anniversary celebration to kick off next month
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
This year's Jeannette Community Days and 125th anniversary celebration begins in one month.
The celebration runs July 24 through July 27 in the lot on Magee Avenue.
There will be midway rides, a car show, a battle of barrels, a hot wings contest, fireworks and the annual parade.
To help celebrate Jeannette's long-standing tradition of parades and community on the city's 125th birthday, there will be plenty of ethnic food, craft booths, bingo and fun.
July 24 and 25, the festival will open from 5-10 p.m., on July 26, it is open from 4-11 p.m. and on July 27, it runs 2 p.m. to midnight.
The parade will march on Clay Avenue at 1 p.m. July 27 and Jeannette's own Eastcoast Turnaround will perform from 8 p.m. until the fireworks display at 10:30 p.m.
More information on festival events will be in upcoming editions of The Jeannette Spirit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- RiverQuest short of money, looks for a partner
- Engineer made most of opportunities in U.S.
- Former Mystic Inn burns in Republic, Fayette County
- City’s efforts bolstered to track illegal dumping
- Dems in Pa. governor’s race vow to close loophole, say firms skirt corporate tax