Police track alleged Cook Township thieves through precious metal records
Two Cook Township residents accused of stealing silver and gold from a local woman were charged by state police last week.
Police allege Crystal Rae Rackowski, 21, and Dylan Andrew McClintic, 24, allegedly took the items from the home of a relative of McClintic's and sold them at the The Treasure Hunt in Unity Township, state police at Greensburg said.
Police began an investigation after seeing several transactions between July 1 and Aug. 14 on precious metals records, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
Sold items included Tiffany & Co. flatware, sterling silver teapots, silver cups, bowls and ladles, a 14-karat gold picture frame and a sterling silver bowl from Rolling Rock Club with the victim's late husband's name inscribed on it, according to court records.
The couple received more than $4,000 for the items.
“Due to the fact that (the two suspects) were relatively young, it seemed unlikely that they would have such a collection of flatware and silver dishes,” police said in the affidavit.
Police interviewed the victim, who said McClintic had access to her home, but she and Rackowski had not authority to sell the items.
They were charged with theft and receiving stolen property on Sept. 19. They were arraigned before District Judge Denise Snyder Thiel and each was released on $10,000 unsecured bond.
McClintic's and Rackowski's preliminary hearings are scheduled for 10:45 and 11 a.m. Friday, respectively.
Jewels Phraner is a reporter for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-850-1218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Songs of the ’70s featured at Ligonier Theatre
- Powdermill reserve summer program teaches wildlife conservation
- Ice cream fundraiser dishes out holiday spirit in Ligonier
- Ruthie’s Diner in Ligonier keeps travelers coming back
- Fairfield Boys Club to host 45th annual frog jump
- Main Exhibit Gallery celebrates 20th year in Ligonier
- Chamber’s ‘Stroll’ takes to Ligonier streets Aug. 8
- Darlington man to compete in rickshaw race
- Somerset man killed by train near Seward
- LV Education Trust conducts 5th pie contest