Couple accused of theft waives hearings
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:02 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Two Cook Township residents accused of taking silver and gold items from a relative's house waived their right to preliminary hearings Friday.
Police charged Crystal Rae Rackowski, 21, and Dylan Andrew McClintic, 24, with theft after reviewing precious metal records from the Treasure Hunt in Latrobe.
State police in Greensburg said the pair seemed “relatively young” to own “such a collection of flatware and silver dishes” that had been exchanged in several visits between July and August for $4,000 at the store.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, an inscription on one of the sold pieces led police to McClintic's relative, who said she had not given McClintic permission to sell the pieces. They were also charged with receiving stolen property and released on $10,000 unsecured bond.
They will be arraigned Nov. 28 at the Westmoreland County Court of Common Pleas.
- Ligonier-area voters head to polls Tuesday
- R.K. Mellon offers life-skills program for autistic students
- Expanded drop-off lane at Ligonier Valley YMCA to relieve congestion
- Ligonier Valley groups promote hope, health and history
- 24-hour Relay for Life event starts Friday at Ligonier Diamond
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.