Performers set for Coffee House
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
The next Coffee House is 7 p.m. Friday at the Barn, formerly Millcreek, Springer Road in Ligonier. Admission is $5 at the door. Coffee, tea and desserts are available for purchase.
The lineup includes local singer and songwriter Jane West, the Artful Codgers, Lauren Condon and Chris Volpe, Andrew Flower on piano; and Jeff and Martin, guitarists and vocalists Jeff DeMao and Martin Bour.
The performers from Oct. 19 Coffee House included Young Fiddlin' Ray Bruckman from Ligonier, who recently took first place in all three categories at the Pennsylvania State fiddle, mandolin and guitar competition. He performed several solo pieces and then joined the Stationary Ramblers Pam and Don Mulhollem, John Larimer and Jeff Bell for some bluegrass music. Bob Sites, songwriter and recorder who has performed at Coffee House since its inception, entertained the crowd with his guitar playing and singing.
Essential Machine RJ and Karen Dietrich on guitar, keyboards and percussion harmonized several songs they had composed. Linda Biery, singer, guitarist and contemporary Christian songwriter from Boswell, sang several songs she composed, including two songs about her experiences serving on a recent mission trip to Africa.
All proceeds benefit Valley Youth Network. Call Lynn Keegan at 724-537-6139, for more information.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Fly fishing dating catches on
- Fantasy writer influenced by summers in Ligonier
- Ligonier Country Market to feature pet adoption
- Bolivar Borough cleanup date set
- Batting cages eyed for Eagle Scout project
- Bridget Dawn’s Dance students perform
- Blairsville band to perform in Ligonier Sunday
- Frank Lloyd Wright Duncan House celebrates 6th year
- Cook Township Supervisors approve subdivisions