Trooper Iwaniec memorial race at St. Vincent College marks 4th year
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
The fourth TakeOff: Honor the Past, Shape the Future Race to benefit the Trooper Kenton Iwaniec Memorial Foundation is April 27 at St. Vincent College in Latrobe.
Events include a 1 mile fun walk, 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run, 100M children's sprint for age 6 and under and a ½ mile children's run for ages 10 and under.
There will also be auctions and educational and interactive activities.
Registration is 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the Fred Rogers Center; opening ceremony is 8:40 a.m. and the races will begin at 9 a.m.
Registration is $30 for adults and $20 for children 10 and under. Register online at www.trooperiwaniec.org and on Facebook.
For information, call 724-593-2520.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Second-period short-handed goal gives Blue Jackets momentum
- Blue Jackets score a franchise first with playoff victory
- One dead, one wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- 1 remains in hospital after knife fight in New Kensington apartment
- Unbeaten Arizona outlasts Power, 73-69
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- Trib prospect: Aliquippa’s Patrick Anderson
- New Kensington police find stolen handgun, detain 2 juveniles