Full weekend of summer fun planned in Ligonier
The 15th annual Summer in Ligonier Arts and Crafts Show will to take place 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
The rain-or-shine event, organized by the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce, will feature craft demonstrations and children's activities. Live music will be played from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Local artisans will be on the Diamond displaying pottery, jewelry, soy candles, bird houses, honey, hand-spun yarn, paper beads, sports figure drawings and prints, vegetable and pasta sauces, stained glass, penny rugs and glass plate flowers. Merchant shops will set up sidewalk sales.
Face painting, a caricature artist, balloonists, and The Popcorn Man will provide entertainment and Uncle Sam will be making an appearance 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday.
Horse and wagon rides will be available Friday and Saturday.
Other weekend events
• The Main Exhibit Gallery is demonstrating woodturning on Friday and Saturday and glassblowing on Saturday.
• Merjo on Main Street is demonstrating the process of turning wood into pens and handcrafted jewelry.
• Artisans will be in action at some of the store fronts and local artists will be painting en Plein Air on the Diamond.
• The Ligonier Valley Library is holding a “Summer Tales” story hour at 2 p.m. Saturday.
• High school art students conducting Chalk Art demonstrations on Saturday from noon till 4 p.m. outside the library.
• At Fort Ligonier, “A Taste of History” is 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday and will feature bread baking demonstrations, entertainment and refreshments. Cost is $8 for members, $12 for non-members.
• The Compass Inn Museum is featuring a Native American theme for July's living history weekend 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The Ligonier Country Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon.
For more information, call the chamber at 724-238-4200.