Bolivar council discusses security
Bolivar Borough Council members discussed security and communication plans regarding community records and instructions and how they can better handle such items.
Mayor Tom Pickup said council should take more steps to keep residents better informed and to provide residents with better knowledge concerning emergency plans and emergency meeting places in the case that an emergency arises.
He urged that council look into more Internet security options and keep tight track of office records. Council member Sue Bartow stated measures have already been taken.
Bartow said plans are on track to repair storm drains on Third Street. The project should be completed by Thanksgiving.
“It's been approved,” she said. “The papers are signed and we are ready to go.”
In other news:
• The fax number for the borough building has changed and is now 724-676-2018. The office number remains 724-676-9950.
• Trick-or-treating will be held 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 27. The parade will begin at 2 p.m.
• Hayrides will take place every Friday evening in October. More information can be obtained by phoning the borough office.
• Voting will take place at the borough building Nov. 5. Doors will open at 6 a.m.
Rebecca Ridinger is a contributing writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- YWCA recognizes Ligonier resident’s health and fitness contributions
- New Florence farmer honored for 4-H project involvement
- Lawsuit filed against Ligonier Township officials, residents
- Ligonier tourism promoted at annual breakfast
- Ligonier council approves parking lot improvements
- Ligonier Valley board approves $1.7M deal for sale of Laurel Valley school building, property