Halloween events abound in Ligonier, neighboring communities
The Halloween schedule with a variety of events for all ages is listed as follows:
• Cook Township trick-or-treat is 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday. The Cook Township Community Center Halloween party and parade is 2 p.m. Saturday at the center in Stahlstown. Children through age 12 will receive treats, snacks and play games. The community can distribute treats after the parade.
• Ligonier Township trick-or-treat is 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. Even though the township designated Oct. 31 as the observed Halloween date, they will not prevent anyone from trick or treating on any other day. Although on Oct. 31 they will have extra police on patrol.
• The Kiwanis Club of Ligonier Valley is preparing for the Ligonier Valley Halloween parade 7 p.m. Oct. 31 at Weller Field at Standard Bank Stadium. During the parade, Miss Ligonier and her court will select the best-dressed Halloween costume winners. First place will receive $10, three second-place winners $5 each and 10 at third place, $1 each.
• The community trick-or-treat for Ligonier Borough residents is 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31.
• Candlelight haunted Halloween is 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Compass Inn Museum in Laughlintown. Admission is free and space is limited. To make a reservation, call 724-238-4983 or 724-238-6818.
• Laughlintown Community Center's Halloween party is 6 p.m. Friday at Bicentennial Park, judging and parade followed by a pizza party at the center.
• The annual tri-community Halloween parade is 2 p.m. Sunday. The parade will form at the site of the former Bolivar Elementary School on Lincoln Street in Bolivar. The parade will proceed through town to the Bolivar Fire Hall where cash prizes will be awarded to the winners and treats will be provided to all costumed participants. Everyone is welcome to attend. Any questions, call John Speidel at 724-676-4714.
• Bolivar Borough will trick-or-treat 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Residents who are giving treats are asked to turn on their porch light so the trick-or-treaters will know who is participating. Any questions, call the borough office at 724-676-9950.
• Fairfield community will trick-or-treat 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• New Florence Halloween parade will start at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the former New Florence Elementary School. Trick-or-treat will follow from 2 to 4 p.m.
• St. Clair community will gather for a parade noon Sunday and will trick-or-treat 1 to 3 p.m.
• Laurel Mountain Borough will trick-or- treat 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31
• Visitors can vote for their favorite scarecrow through Oct. 31 created by organizations, schools, businesses and individuals. The hand crafted displays are positioned around the Ligonier Diamond area. For more information call the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce office at 724-238-4200.
• Idlewild & SoakZone screams “HallowBoo” noon to 6 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday in October. For more information, access http:// www.idlewild.com/site/hallowboo.php.
• Westmoreland Roller Derby will play host to Team Gang-Green and Violet Femmes in the season closing bout Night of the Living Roller Girls 7 p.m. Saturday at Hot Shots Indoor Sport Arena, 482 Bessemer Road in Mt. Pleasant. Tickets are $10 in advance, or $12 at the door. Children age 12 and under are free.