Police: Clairton shooting victim is not cooperating
By Eric Slagle
Published: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 4:21 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 25, 2012
Police are investigating a Clairton shooting that wounded a 17-year-old male on Tuesday night.
The teen was treated for a neck wound and released from the hospital. Police said the bullet remained in the boy's neck upon his discharge.
Allegheny County police Lt. Andrew Schurman said approximately five people, including children, were in the apartment unit at 6702 McKinley Court when the shooting occurred. Schurman said the victim was not cooperative with police and would not identify the shooter, who is believed to have stopped at a neighboring unit in the housing complex after fleeing the shooting scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call 412-473-1300.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alvarez blast lifts Pirates past Astros
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched for soreness in right knee
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Outdoors notices: May 19, 2013
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.