Weather curtails Halloween plans
Trick-or-treaters will have to wait a little longer this week as many communities have postponed their Halloween festivities because of Hurricane Sandy and other storm systems.
Clairton's trick-or-treating is moved to Saturday from 4-6 p.m.
Dravosburg's parade is postponed to Saturday at 5 p.m. at the borough building, and trick-or-treating is 6-8 p.m.
Duquesne moved trick-or-treating to Saturday from 5:30-7 p.m.
East McKeesport, Elizabeth, Forward Township, Jefferson Hills, North Versailles Township, Port Vue, South Versailles Township, Wall, West Elizabeth, White Oak and Versailles postponed trick-or-treating to Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
Elizabeth Township postponed its parade to Saturday from 5-6 p.m. with trick-or-treating from 6-8 p.m. More information is available online at elizabethtownshippa.com.
Glassport postponed its parade to Saturday at 4:30 p.m. with parade lineup at 4:15. Trick-or-treating is from 6-8 p.m. The costume contest will be at the Honor Roll Memorial next to the borough building.
West Mifflin, Munhall, Homestead, West Homestead and Whitaker moved trick-or-treating to Saturday from 6:30-8 p.m.
Munhall police are urging residents not to call the dispatch center to check on trick-or-treating times.
West Homestead's parade is set for Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Liberty's parade is moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. with lineup at 2:45 p.m. Trick-or-treating is 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Lincoln children and grandchildren are welcome on Friday from 6-8 p.m. to wear their costume at the borough building to get a Halloween safety light and treat. They are asked to being a can to donate for a food drive. Residents who would like to pass their Halloween treats out at that time are welcome. Trick-or-treating is moved to Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
McKeesport's trick-or-treating has been moved to Saturday from 5-7 p.m.
Pleasant Hills Lions Club canceled Tuesday's Halloween parade. Trick-or-treating has been moved to Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
Wilmerding postponed trick-or-treating to Saturday from 5-7 p.m.
In Westmoreland County, North Huntingdon Township's trick-or-treating has been moved to Saturday from 4-6 p.m.
Irwin and North Irwin maintained their trick-or-treat times as of presstime for Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Iron ore price decline hurts U.S. Steel’s cost advantage over rivals
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run