Weather curtails Halloween plans
Trick-or-treaters will have to wait a little longer this week as many communities have postponed their Halloween festivities because of Hurricane Sandy and other storm systems.
Clairton's trick-or-treating is moved to Saturday from 4-6 p.m.
Dravosburg's parade is postponed to Saturday at 5 p.m. at the borough building, and trick-or-treating is 6-8 p.m.
Duquesne moved trick-or-treating to Saturday from 5:30-7 p.m.
East McKeesport, Elizabeth, Forward Township, Jefferson Hills, North Versailles Township, Port Vue, South Versailles Township, Wall, West Elizabeth, White Oak and Versailles postponed trick-or-treating to Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
Elizabeth Township postponed its parade to Saturday from 5-6 p.m. with trick-or-treating from 6-8 p.m. More information is available online at elizabethtownshippa.com.
Glassport postponed its parade to Saturday at 4:30 p.m. with parade lineup at 4:15. Trick-or-treating is from 6-8 p.m. The costume contest will be at the Honor Roll Memorial next to the borough building.
West Mifflin, Munhall, Homestead, West Homestead and Whitaker moved trick-or-treating to Saturday from 6:30-8 p.m.
Munhall police are urging residents not to call the dispatch center to check on trick-or-treating times.
West Homestead's parade is set for Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Liberty's parade is moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. with lineup at 2:45 p.m. Trick-or-treating is 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Lincoln children and grandchildren are welcome on Friday from 6-8 p.m. to wear their costume at the borough building to get a Halloween safety light and treat. They are asked to being a can to donate for a food drive. Residents who would like to pass their Halloween treats out at that time are welcome. Trick-or-treating is moved to Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
McKeesport's trick-or-treating has been moved to Saturday from 5-7 p.m.
Pleasant Hills Lions Club canceled Tuesday's Halloween parade. Trick-or-treating has been moved to Saturday from 6-8 p.m.
Wilmerding postponed trick-or-treating to Saturday from 5-7 p.m.
In Westmoreland County, North Huntingdon Township's trick-or-treating has been moved to Saturday from 4-6 p.m.
Irwin and North Irwin maintained their trick-or-treat times as of presstime for Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- New Allegheny Valley Joint Sewage Authority manager welcomes challenge
- Remember the Lusitania!
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September