Officials probe teen's shooting
Allegheny County police returned Friday morning to the scene of a shooting that hospitalized a 16-year-old McKeesporter.
The daylight search in the area of Craig and Brownlee streets near Crawford Village was for clues that might have been overlooked in the dark when police initially responded to the shooting, which occurred at about 8:10 p.m. on Thursday.
The victim, who authorities said was revived at UPMC McKeesport on Thursday, remained in critical condition on Friday, according to McKeesport police Assistant Chief Tom Greene.
Greene said investigators had not yet identified any suspects.
On Friday, a spot of blood about 2 inches in diameter was visible on Craig Street near the sidewalk.
A resident who lives near the shooting scene who did not want to be identified reported hearing two sets of shots fired a few moments apart. The resident said there was hollering after the second round of gunfire.
The resident said several people were running in the area. One member of the group stopped, sat down on the sidewalk, then fell partially into the street. The others in the group asked the victim if he was OK before he collapsed, the neighbor said.
Authorities said the victim is from Harrison Village.
Police say ongoing feuding between some residents of Harrison Village and Crawford Village — which is near the shooting scene — may have been a motive. There is also the belief that the incident was drug-related.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com. Staff writer Michael DiVittorio contributed to this report.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title
- VND High school football notebook: Local flavor enhances Penn Hills, other playoff teams
- How to avoid Amazon and still get deals
- ‘Bend and dent’ store opening in Rural Valley
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- LaBar: Updated WWE Network numbers, its future
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen