Elizabeth Township home destroyed
By Eric Slagle
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012, 4:41 a.m.
Updated: Friday, December 7, 2012
Fire crews responded to 305 Shaffer Ave. in Elizabeth Township's Blaine Hill neighborhood on Thursday after fire swept rapidly through a single-story home at about 3:30 p.m.
Two adults were in the home at the time of the blaze, and reports indicate that a female was transported to a Pittsburgh hospital for evaluation.
Firefighters said the main floor of the structure was fully involved when they arrived.
Elizabeth Township Fire Department Chief Chris Molinaro said crews had to cut a hole in the roof to fight the fire which, had gotten into the attic.
Sandra Davis, who lives next door, said she didn't know about the fire until she received a phone call from a neighbor.
“I looked out my side window and I could see the smoke,” she said. “It happened so quickly. It's scary.”
All township departments responded to the scene, as did fire teams from Elizabeth borough and Sutersville.
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office is investigating.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day care for special needs children set for North Versailles
- Duquesne youngsters could end up at W. Mifflin
- Lincoln police chief maintained strong ties to community
- Funding transportation
- Owners pledge to revitalize Century III
- Students worked toward ‘life goals’
- Elizabeth Township native pedals his message of hope coast to coast
- W. Mifflin voters have a plethora of candidates
- Write-ins necessary in some borough council elections
- 3 seek to unseat incumbent in North Versailles Township
- Elizabeth Forward Middle School tackles ‘Birdie’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.