2 hurt when pickup rear-ends bus
By Eric Slagle
Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:36 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 12, 2013
Two people were injured Friday afternoon in McKeesport when an SUV hit the back of a Port Authority bus that was picking up passengers.
The accident occurred shortly before 4 p.m. when the 60 Walnut-Crawford Village bus stopped in front of the Shop 'n Save on Lysle Boulevard and was hit from behind.
A woman who was boarding the bus fell and was transported to UPMC McKeesport. The driver of the GMC was taken to an area hospital.
Authorities at the scene said there were six to 12 passengers on the bus, which had just left the transit station along Lysle Boulevard. A Port Authority official said neither the bus driver nor any of the passengers were injured.
Monique McCrae saw the accident as she was waiting at the bus stop.
“The bus was waiting for people to get on. I thought the (GMC driver) was going to move around the bus but he came straight in, full speed,” she said.
Port Authority police are investigating.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
- Acting Emerson principal named to permanent post
- McKeesport-area pools ready for summertime splash
- Duquesne-West Mifflin Rotary Club celebrates 60th anniversary
- Clairton board OKs dek hockey concept
- School taxes down in Elizabeth Forward
- Western Pa. communities to mark holiday with tradition
- McKeesport controller to school board: Sue for taxes
- Longtime Duquesne mayor to be back on ballot in fall
- Jefferson Hills attorney tops field for district justice
- Clairton millage reduced, tax bills could go up
- West Mifflin pursues purchase of Trumbull building
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.