McKeesport police investigate fatal hit-and-run
By Daily News
Published: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 2:14 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 16, 2013
A 56-year-old female victim died after a hit-and-run accident early this morning in the 600 block of Lysle Boulevard, police confirmed.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner was on its way to pick up the victim from UPMC Mercy early Wednesday afternoon, a spokesman from the medical examiner's office said.
An emergency dispatch shift supervisor said a call came in to Allegheny County 911 at 4:33 a.m. for a female down on the sidewalk by the Sunoco gas station on Lysle.
Allegheny County and McKeesport police are investigating.
- Western Pa. communities to mark holiday with tradition
- McKeesport controller to school board: Sue for taxes
- Cop says questions remain about his Eliz. Forward school board candidacy
- Jefferson Hills pizza shop owner waives hearing
- West Mifflin pursues purchase of Trumbull building
- Longtime Duquesne mayor to be back on ballot in fall
- Clairton millage reduced, tax bills could go up
- Lattanzi survives triple challenge in Clairton race
- Endorsed McKeesport Area board candidates prevail
- McKeesport council incumbent holds 4-vote lead
- Century III apparently sold to Las Vegas company
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
It's becoming a sad fact that drivers cannot stand up and be responsible for their actions any longer in today's society! Why.... approximately 1 out of 7 drivers don't maintain a current drivers license or, don't have insurance, so they play the odds at getting caught, or Just don't Care! Secondly, there are "No Corrective Action" for there bad actions or decisions! Judges let them slide with a slap on the wrist (because of overcrowding in the system & budget crisis). People will not stand up and testify what was seen, for fear of retributions for speaking up. It's becoming a 'Sad-Sad' world we live in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!