Jefferson Hills fills 1 of 2 police vacancies
By Patrick Cloonan
Published: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 16, 2013
One down, one to go.
At a special meeting on Friday, Jefferson Hills council chose Corey Brunetti, 23, of South Park Township to fill one of two full-time vacancies on the police force.
“I come from a law enforcement family,” said Brunetti, whose brother is a Peters Township policeman. Their father is retired from the South Park police.
Brunetti has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice with a minor in sociology from Penn State Altoona. He graduated in December from the Allegheny County Police Academy.
Councilman Tracey P. Khalil moved to hire Brunetti. Councilwoman Janice R. Cmar seconded and council president Christopher W. King, vice president James A. Weber and Councilors Vickie Ielase and David T. Montgomery capped the unanimous ballot.
Councilwoman Kathleen Reynolds was absent. The borough now will turn to the other vacancy.
“I'm still finishing a background investigation because we have to present a list of three certified candidates for the Civil Service Commission,” police Chief Gene Roach said.
Roach has overseen the process, which began with oral examinations for 20 candidates in October.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or email@example.com.
- Ordinance to restrict lions, tigers and bears in White Oak
- Slight tax increase proposed in Norwin
- Pleasant Hills sets weight limits
- Commissioners, sanitary authority remain at odds
- P. Hills promotes officers, honors others for service
- Volunteers join together to make playground a reality in Clairton
- South Allegheny School District board tables 2013-24 budget
- Pa. lags behind its neighbors in funding transportation
- Site tour of new Twin Rivers school leaves McKeesport Area officials aglow
- 3 candidates cross-file for Pleasant Hills judicial seat
- No tax hike planned in East Allegheny
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.