McKeesport solicitor pleads guilty to DUI
McKeesport solicitor J. Jason Elash has pleaded guilty to a DUI accident from last winter.
Elash, who appeared before Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Judge Edward J. Borkowski on Monday, declined to comment on the plea outside of court.
Elash pleaded guilty to a downgraded charge of DUI and driving at an unsafe speed in relation to the accident, which occurred along Route 48 on Jan. 22, 2012. Elash faces a mandatory 30-day sentence and $750 fine in connection with the charges.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled for May 22.
Defense attorney Anthony DeLuca said he will request home monitoring for Elash rather than jail time.
On the day of the accident, Elash was traveling in his 2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV when he lost control of the vehicle and struck a building that was about 150 feet off the roadway.
Charges were filed against Elash in February 2012 after toxicology tests revealed he had a blood-alcohol level of .196 percent, according to police. The legal limit for blood-alcohol content in the state is .08 percent.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Washington County sex offender pleads guilty to 15 counts
- McKeesport man: Ex-girlfriend ‘attempted to run me over’
- Responsibility for sinkhole near Glassport remains uncertain
- Mon Valley schools honored for commitment to music education
- McKeesport student’s prize-winning song about brother helps ease family’s grief
- McKeesport teacher among winners at Champions of Learning awards dinner
- Vigil marks 6-year anniversary of Clairton coach’s death
- Police arrest suspect in fatal Wilmerding shooting
- Closed Bottom Dollars in Homestead, McKeesport to become Aldi stores
- Steel Valley union drops restroom grievance
- Mon-Yough area first responders say drivers need to stop, pull over