McKeesport man to face weapons charges
A McKeesport man was arrested early Monday for allegedly carrying a loaded pistol inside a Duquesne bar.
A security officer at the Kansas City Saloon along Route 837 called police at about 1 a.m. with a report of an armed man in the bar.
Responding officers confronted Ronald Stanford, 25, inside the bar and found him to be carrying a loaded .38 caliber revolver in his waistband.
Police allege that Stanford attempted to flee by elbowing one of the officers in the chest. Stanford reportedly struggled with police, who were able to subdue him before he could escape.
Stanford is charged with violating the uniform firearms act, persons not to possess a firearm, resisting arrest and aggravated assault.
Duquesne police Chief Richard Adams said Stanford was taken to UPMC McKeesport after his arrest and then to Allegheny County Jail.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mon Valley bridges moved up to rapid replacement list
- McKeesport educator honored by nomination for Athena Award
- McKeesport crash sends motorcyclist to hospital
- McKeesport car chase suspects returned to jail
- Elizabeth Township hires manager, assistant
- McKeesport park to get more regional asset funds
- Resident criticizes Steel Valley board about handling of special meeting
- No injuries reported in West Mifflin car fire
- ‘Porky’ of Operation Pork Chop case to enter plea
- New investment booming in N. Versailles
- Lincoln landslide remediation project under way