Woman dies in police custody in McKeesport
A 52-year-old woman died in McKeesport police custody on Friday night when attempts by city police and medics to resuscitate her failed.
The woman had been incarcerated on a public drunkenness charge.
She was found unresponsive in the women's cell block at 9:33 p.m., according to a police press release. The woman was pronounced dead by medics at 9:51 p.m.
Her name has not been released.
Allegheny County police and the medical examiner's office were called to assist with the investigation.
Police said the cause and manner of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow causes collisions, delays in Mon-Yough area
- Some normalcy returns to Homestead business district devastated by fire
- Liberty public servant Owens remembered as problem solver
- Munhall council president charged in crash that injured woman
- 1 suspect arrested in deadly McKeesport shooting; 2nd still at large
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- Local Catholic Schools Week celebrations include fun activities, community service
- Rape charges against Versailles bar owner dropped in plea deal
- Weather not a factor in deadly double SUV crash in West Mifflin
- Munhall repeals its lost or stolen gun ordinance
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database