Woman dies in police custody in McKeesport
By Daily News
Published: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 1:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 9, 2013
A 52-year-old woman died in McKeesport police custody on Friday night when attempts by city police and medics to resuscitate her failed.
The woman had been incarcerated on a public drunkenness charge.
She was found unresponsive in the women's cell block at 9:33 p.m., according to a police press release. The woman was pronounced dead by medics at 9:51 p.m.
Her name has not been released.
Allegheny County police and the medical examiner's office were called to assist with the investigation.
Police said the cause and manner of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.
- Macey takes Democratic nomination for Allegheny County Council seat
- Acting Emerson principal named to permanent post
- Steel Valley choir to share stage with classic rock icon Foreigner
- McKeesport council incumbent holds 4-vote lead
- Longtime Duquesne mayor to be back on ballot in fall
- McKeesport-area pools ready for summertime splash
- Site tour of new Twin Rivers school leaves McKeesport Area officials aglow
- Prayer Shawl Ministry adds project
- Munhall police officer honored for ‘hardworking’ dedication to job
- McKeesport bank robbed again
- Pet cat is injured in kitchen fire in N. Huntingdon
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.