South Allegheny board approves personnel changes
South Allegheny School District's board of directors approved summer school staffers and other personnel matters on Wednesday.
For the Elementary Extended School Year program, the board hired Teresa Mitchell as speech/language clinician, Judy Lydon as speech therapist, Amy Obley and Amber Haftmann as special education teachers and Darlene Behanna and Donnajo Couch as para-educators.
The board also approved:
• Kelly Kaminski as school psychologist intern for the 2013-14 school year.
• Nanette Kuttler as set designer for the high school spring musical.
• Jon Leber as junior varsity baseball coach and, pending receipt of all clearances, Marissa D'Angelo as a volunteer assistant middle/high school softball coach.
• Opening the position of head middle school cheerleading coach.
• Resignations from Dawna O'Keefe as a Girl Talk sponsor and Jesse MacPherson as a paid assistant varsity baseball coach. MacPherson would be retained as a volunteer assistant coach.
• Leaves of absence for Katherine Hewitt and Jayme Klein.
Also Wednesday, the board approved a proposed $3.8 million 2013-14 Allegheny Intermediate Unit budget. The district's share of the budget would be $8,997.31.
The board approved a written administrator compensation plan, retroactive to the start of the 2012-13 school year.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or email@example.com.