Fire Fighters Local 10 elects new president
International Association of Fire Fighters Local 10 of McKeesport has chosen a new president.
In a Tuesday meeting of the union that represents McKeesport Fire Department, the local's former vice president Jeff Tomovcsik was elected.
An announcement on IAFF Local 10's Facebook page thanked former president Jerry Tedesco for 12 years of dedicated service to the union. Tedesco did not seek re-election in the local, but he will continue to serve as vice president of the Western District of the Pennsylvania Professional Fire Fighters Association.
“The members of Local 10 would like to thank him for all of his hard work, dedication and numerous accomplishments during his watch,” the post read. “Tonight we start a new chapter for Local 10.”
After three years as vice president and two prior years as a trustee, Tomovcsik said he is eager to take the lead on IAFF Local 10's business.
“In my eight years as a union member, Jerry has taught me a lot,” Tomovcsik said Wednesday. “I hope to approach this job with the same passion of our past president.”
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Official: Buyer expected soon
- Clairton residents share concerns over sewage bills
- Brewster’s bill would fund hires by upping fines
- W. Mifflin backs drilling at airport
- Glassport plaque gets new home
- Munhall officials miffed at ex-manager for leaving town
- West Mifflin Area schools boost security in response to threat against student
- White Oak Holocaust survivor continues to share tragic story
- McKeesport Area first-grader brings toy gun on school bus
- Arbitration hearing between animal shelter, Youghiogheny Country Club delayed
- Ramp dedicated to slain McKeesport officer’s memory