West Mifflin bank robbery suspect arrested
The suspect in a West Mifflin bank robbery is in police custody.
Bryan Rohrbaugh, 30, of Pittsburgh, was arrested and transported to Allegheny County Jail Thursday at 9:38 a.m. on charges that include robbery, terroristic threats, criminal conspiracy, threatening to use weapons of mass destruction and theft by unlawful taking.
A warrant was issued for Rohrbaugh's arrest on Sunday because of his alleged involvement in the robbery of Citizens Bank in the Century III Giant Eagle in West Mifflin.
Authorities said multiple calls from Pittsburgh area residents helped to identify Rohrbaugh as a suspect after surveillance images were released to the media.
During the robbery, which occurred Saturday at approximately 12:30 p.m., police said, Rohrbaugh approached the counter and presented the teller with a note with instructions to fill a bag with money. Rohrbaugh left the scene in a gold Chevrolet Cavalier, which was located and processed as evidence, police said.
The case was handled by the FBI and West Mifflin police. Rohrbaugh was apprehended by Pittsburgh police.
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jefferson Hills councilors get results of audit
- 13th annual Fido Ball raises funds for White Oak Animal Safe Haven
- McKeesport Area honors longtime coach by naming Weigle-Schaeffer field in his honor
- Clairton joins Live Well Allegheny campaign
- Longtime teacher, West Elizabeth councilman dies at 67
- Forward supervisors skeptical Pangburn Hollow Road will be repaved this year
- East Allegheny gives judge candidate’s seat on school board to her husband
- Port Vue hires new garbage hauler, plans to increase fee
- Hundreds celebrate McKeesport homecoming
- Eagle Scout candidate completes replacement of Versailles park’s retaining wall
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh to rehab East McKeesport home