Dozens of DJs to be featured at beach party
BeachBurgh Blast II will open Thursday night in Pittsburgh and continue through the weekend in McKeesport and White Oak.
In the tradition of the Spring Migration and Fall Migration beach parties hosted by the Society of Stranders at North Myrtle Beach, McKeesport will welcome oldies fans from both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line to dance to boogie, blues and doo-wop sounds spun by dozens of disc jockeys.
The springtime dance made its debut at the Palisades in April 2012, and organizers said this year's schedule is more impressive.
“We're hoping that it's bigger and better,” Palisades manager Mike Joyce said. “It's nice to have people come up from North and South Carolina to see our town. This is a beautiful facility, and so is the marina that goes with it.”
This weekend's schedule includes the following DJ sets:
• Thursday, Atria's at PNC Park, Pittsburgh — Ron Hopkinson, 6-7 p.m.; Jack Hunt, 7-8; Suzy Q, 8-9; Jim “Rat” Butteri, 9-10; Jerry Kovach, 10-11.
• Friday, the Palisades, McKeesport — JoAnne Johnson, 6-7 p.m.; Jack Moore, 7-8; DJ George, 8-9; Butch Metcalf, 9-10; Steve Baker, 10-11; Rich Antoncic and Terry Hopper, 11-close.
• Saturday, the Palisades, McKeesport — Ron Ausmann, noon-1 p.m.; Rich Carothers, 1-2; Tom Spampanato, 2-3; Gary Knox, 3-4; Larry Conn, 4-5; Candy & Mike, 5-6; J.D. Merkel, 6-7 p.m.; Doctor Jive, 7-8; Walt Upchurch, 8-9; live performance by Angel Rissof, 9-9:30; Dick Hamrick, 9:30-10:30; Betty Brown, 10:30-11:30; Bugger, 11:30-close.
• Sunday, Twin Oaks Restaurant and Lounge, White Oak — Fred Judge, 2-3 p.m.; Porky Chedwick and Rick Kohler, 3-4; Jackie Pusser, 4-5; live performance by Angel Rissof, 5-5:30; Bill Cain and Fred Bohn, 5:30-close.
Admission to the Palisades events are $10 each or $15 for a Friday/Saturday double ticket. Admission is free Sunday at Twin Oaks, but the price of the buffet is $15.
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport-Duquesne Bridge reopens to traffic after electrical fire
- McKeesport honors ‘message’ bearers
- McKeesport council approves mineral rights lease under Renzie Park
- Mon Valley police departments vary on use of heroin overdose antidote
- County shuts down Clairton demolition work
- Company announces it will close McKeesport site that employs 100
- Employee of Elizabeth Township tent rental business struck by lightning in West Mifflin
- Rib Fest highlights holiday weekend in McKeesport
- McKeesport Area schools to provide outreach activities
- Grant will benefit Allegheny County Airport in West Mifflin
- Ex-Port Vue police chief recognized