Police probe double killing in Duquesne
Police are continuing their investigation into the fatal shootings of two men in Duquesne.
Tyrone Coleman, 18, of Duquesne and Lawrence Short, 29, of Clairton died on Monday after they were shot at about 5:45 p.m. in the 600 block of Crawford Avenue.
Allegheny County police on Tuesday said there are several suspects in the case but a clear motive has yet to develop.
Police chased one of the suspects on foot, according to Lt. Andrew Schurman of Allegheny County police. “He got away but we did collect a gun” that the suspect discarded during the chase, he said.
Police don't believe the recovered gun is the murder weapon.
Schurman said it appears four shots were fired by a single shooter.
Coleman was pronounced dead at UPMC McKeesport about 90 minutes after the shooting. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said he died from a gunshot to the trunk.
Short died at UPMC Mercy at 10:03 p.m. on Monday. An autopsy report for him was not available on Tuesday.
Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call county police at 412-473-1300.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Allegheny negotiator responds to proposal from striking teachers
- East Allegheny teachers maintain strike plans
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- McKeesport Area, South Allegheny districts upgrade school security
- McKeesport Rib Festival wraps up with Monday concert, fireworks show
- East Allegheny teachers to hit the picket lines
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne
- Committee to advise Munhall on vacant properties
- 2nd area Speedway store nears completion
- McKeesport Area teacher fired amid sex scandal returns to school
- Sex offender held for court in address registration case