Summer concerts kick off
McKeesport's summer concert series opens on Sunday with a performance by local favorites, the Vogues.
The Summer Concerts in the Park Series, sponsored by the city, McKeesport Lions Club and Allegheny Regional Asset District, continues every Sunday and some holidays through the summer months with a 7 p.m. show at the Lions Band Shell in Renziehausen Park. Refreshments will be sold each week.
“The summer concert series brings people to McKeesport from all over Southwestern Pennsylvania,” said city Councilman Dan Carr, who also serves as Lions Club president and is a member of the city's recreation board. “We have great performers entertaining diverse crowds week after week. McKeesport's summer concerts provide an opportunity for people to get together and have fun in one of the most beautiful parks in our region.”
Scheduled concerts include:
• Sunday, the Vogues
• June 16, the East Winds Symphony Band
• June 23, Totally 80s Band
• June 30, Sputzy
• July 4, Tres Lads (followed by fireworks)
• July 7, Judy Figel
• July 14, Dr. Zoot
• July 21, Dancing Queen
• July 28, Beatlemania Magic
• Aug. 4, Todd Jones
• Aug. 11, Legacy
• Aug. 18, Scott, Rob and Greg of the Clarks
• Aug. 25, the Jaggerz
Labor Day Weekend Rib Fest performers are:
• Aug. 31, Billy Price
• Sept. 1, the Four Townsmen (preceded by a 5 p.m. Lions Club car cruise)
• Sept. 2, Pure Gold (followed by fireworks)
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- McKeesport property deemed ripe for development
- Damaged Marina at McKees Point still slated to open in May
- Responsibility for sinkhole near Glassport remains uncertain
- East Allegheny may consider contract with new transporter
- Glassport fire department gets OK to buy new truck
- Duquesne man charged with sex assault of minor
- McKeesport student’s prize-winning song about brother helps ease family’s grief
- Mon Valley schools honored for commitment to music education
- Clairton police present interactive seminar on use of force
- Washington County sex offender gets 25 to 50 years in plea deal with Mon Valley victims
- Wrestling up-and-comers to strut their stuff at PWX Wrestleplex