Summer concerts kick off
McKeesport's summer concert series opens on Sunday with a performance by local favorites, the Vogues.
The Summer Concerts in the Park Series, sponsored by the city, McKeesport Lions Club and Allegheny Regional Asset District, continues every Sunday and some holidays through the summer months with a 7 p.m. show at the Lions Band Shell in Renziehausen Park. Refreshments will be sold each week.
“The summer concert series brings people to McKeesport from all over Southwestern Pennsylvania,” said city Councilman Dan Carr, who also serves as Lions Club president and is a member of the city's recreation board. “We have great performers entertaining diverse crowds week after week. McKeesport's summer concerts provide an opportunity for people to get together and have fun in one of the most beautiful parks in our region.”
Scheduled concerts include:
• Sunday, the Vogues
• June 16, the East Winds Symphony Band
• June 23, Totally 80s Band
• June 30, Sputzy
• July 4, Tres Lads (followed by fireworks)
• July 7, Judy Figel
• July 14, Dr. Zoot
• July 21, Dancing Queen
• July 28, Beatlemania Magic
• Aug. 4, Todd Jones
• Aug. 11, Legacy
• Aug. 18, Scott, Rob and Greg of the Clarks
• Aug. 25, the Jaggerz
Labor Day Weekend Rib Fest performers are:
• Aug. 31, Billy Price
• Sept. 1, the Four Townsmen (preceded by a 5 p.m. Lions Club car cruise)
• Sept. 2, Pure Gold (followed by fireworks)
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.