E. Mckeesport zoning board to fill vacancy
East McKeesport zoning hearing board is looking to fill a vacancy.
Borough administrator-secretary Connie Rosenbayger said on Thursday letters of interest are being solicited.
The borough had been working on a joint zoning effort with Wall and North Versailles Township but Rosenbayger said the three municipalities decided to go back to separate boards unless a matter arises that covers more than one of the communities.
Letters can be sent to the borough office at 907 Florence Ave., East McKeesport, 15035.
The borough will participate with North Versailles in paving Third Street between Route 30 and a point between Clara Avenue and Willman Street. The street forms part of the border between the borough and township and each municipality will pay half of the cost, or $11,273.30.
Borough council authorized the work as part of its agenda last week.
The borough authorized an application to the Turtle Creek Valley Council of Governments for $450,000 in federal Year 40 Community Development Block Grant funding. If the borough can get that amount, Rosenbayger said, it could be applied to projects ranging from reconstruction of guide rails and catch basin installation to renovation of the concession stand and restrooms in East Field.
Council approved a change order for the fencing work at East Field that lowered the total cost of reconstruction by $4,538. An Allegheny County Community Infrastructure and Tourism Fund grant covered most of the cost of the East Field work.
In other action, council authorized readvertising an ordinance covering the nonpayment of sewage fees.
The revised ordinance removes the interest required for those delinquent on their sewage payments, but includes a straight penalty of 10 percent.
Council voted to:
• Hire another part-time laborer for 15 hours a week at $8 an hour to keep up with grass cutting.
• Donate $60 to the East Allegheny Touchdown Club for a sign to be erected at Churchman Stadium during the 2013 high school football season.
• Send police Officer Eric Hess to Taser instructor certification training at a cost of $350.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Vigil marks 6-year anniversary of Clairton coach’s death
- Mon-Yough area candidates bumped off ballots vow to fight on
- Steel Valley board denies teachers union restroom grievance
- Police arrest suspect in fatal Wilmerding shooting
- West Mifflin Area to sue for tuition reimbursement
- Hearing delayed in North Versailles attempted homicide case
- Steel Valley director claims facility rentals have scheduling conflicts
- Clairton schools honor alumni in mentoring program
- Wrestling up-and-comers to strut their stuff at PWX Wrestleplex
- Historian to share women’s tales of World War II steel mill work in McKeesport
- Pittsburgh bald eagles’ egg expected to hatch this week