1 hurt in latest shooting
An 18-year-old McKeesport man was transported by McKeesport Ambulance Rescue Service to UPMC Presbyterian with a gunshot to the left leg.
Police responded to a call for the shooting on Friday shortly before 10:40 p.m. The wounded teenager was located near the intersection of Beech Street and Manor Avenue.
According to McKeesport police, the injuries are not life-threatening. No further information about the teen was released at presstime.
Officers took two people of interest into custody, but said they were released after questioning.
Anyone with information should contact McKeesport police at 412-675-5050.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Port Authority plans to replace deteriorated McKeesport hub
- Gergely up against GOP’s Peoples in Pennsylvania House’s 35th District
- Clara Barton students produce pink pumpkins to raise breast cancer awareness
- Elizabeth police step up traffic enforcement, crack down on speeders
- Clairton school board delays decision on bus contract renewal
- Campbell foundation funds computer upgrades
- W.D. Mansfield Memorial Bridge completion opens ‘gateway to McKeesport’
- Facelift planned for Dead Man’s Hollow
- Propels leave the lights on to showcase their after-school activities
- 8 arrested in riot-like brawl in McKeesport
- Family waits for release of remains of McKeesport fire victim