1 hurt in latest shooting
By Michael DiVittorio
Published: Saturday, July 6, 2013, 1:16 a.m.
An 18-year-old McKeesport man was transported by McKeesport Ambulance Rescue Service to UPMC Presbyterian with a gunshot to the left leg.
Police responded to a call for the shooting on Friday shortly before 10:40 p.m. The wounded teenager was located near the intersection of Beech Street and Manor Avenue.
According to McKeesport police, the injuries are not life-threatening. No further information about the teen was released at presstime.
Officers took two people of interest into custody, but said they were released after questioning.
Anyone with information should contact McKeesport police at 412-675-5050.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Serra Catholic High School friary to house foreign students
- 5 Operation Pork Chop defendants sentenced to 5 years probation
- Steel Valley Bicycle Tour will raise funds for trail maintenance
- McKeesport student to celebrate Jackie Robinson’s legacy
- 2 key Operation Pork Chop defendants delay pleas
- Markosek supports McCord for governor
- Officials in North Versailles fed up with littering
- Crews fill Duquesne sinkhole
- West Mifflin public works lauded for efforts
- East Allegheny counselors receive national recognition
- Number of Mon-Yough municipalities collecting own garbage is shrinking