Gun found in Whitaker yard after shooting
Whitaker police have recovered a handgun believed to have been used in a shooting Thursday night when one person was wounded.
Police were called to Whitaker Way and Frank Street about 11:22 p.m. The victim was transported to a hospital. Allegheny County dispatch said homicide detectives were sent at 11:43.
Whitaker police Chief John Vargo said his department received a call Friday morning from a woman who saw a gun in her yard along Frank Street. Officers recovered a 22 mm revolver.
County police continue to investigate.
No further information about the victim or suspects was available.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting should contact county police at 412-473-3000.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Addams Family’ should be lots of devilish fun
- McKeesport gardeners enjoy fruits of their labors
- ‘Oklahoma!’ sets bar high for theater season
- 150 attend East Allegheny teachers union forum
- 10 years ago, Hurricane Ivan brought record rain to region
- Duquesne hearing clears way for TIF extension
- War of words goes on at East Allegheny
- Police: Phone calls about unpaid taxes are scams
- South Allegheny adds robotics course
- West Mifflin solicitor reveals proposed assessment deals
- 2 men shot outside Duquesne bar