Gun found in Whitaker yard after shooting
Whitaker police have recovered a handgun believed to have been used in a shooting Thursday night when one person was wounded.
Police were called to Whitaker Way and Frank Street about 11:22 p.m. The victim was transported to a hospital. Allegheny County dispatch said homicide detectives were sent at 11:43.
Whitaker police Chief John Vargo said his department received a call Friday morning from a woman who saw a gun in her yard along Frank Street. Officers recovered a 22 mm revolver.
County police continue to investigate.
No further information about the victim or suspects was available.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting should contact county police at 412-473-3000.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Weather helps advance work on Forward roads
- Santa’s visit to North Versailles hardware store marks milestone on Small Business Saturday
- Renzie Park gets more local sales tax revenue in $96.9M Regional Asset District budget
- Fire breaks out for 3rd time in abandoned McKeesport house
- McKeesport Area discusses easier access of public documents
- Whitaker explores options with other boroughs for police services
- North Versailles’ Dance Company’s ‘Nutcracker’ expands with bonus program for students
- Clairton City School District wins award for its anti-hunger efforts
- Salvation Army kettle drive about to kick into high gear in Western Pennsylvania
- Model train exhibit raises funds for McKeesport club
- Elizabeth mayor hails police department’s role in ‘major’ heroin bust in Clairton