Gun found in Whitaker yard after shooting
Whitaker police have recovered a handgun believed to have been used in a shooting Thursday night when one person was wounded.
Police were called to Whitaker Way and Frank Street about 11:22 p.m. The victim was transported to a hospital. Allegheny County dispatch said homicide detectives were sent at 11:43.
Whitaker police Chief John Vargo said his department received a call Friday morning from a woman who saw a gun in her yard along Frank Street. Officers recovered a 22 mm revolver.
County police continue to investigate.
No further information about the victim or suspects was available.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting should contact county police at 412-473-3000.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hearing delayed for McKeesport woman in Crawford Village beating; victim fails to appear
- Restoration of ice-damaged McKeesport marina on schedule
- Luncheon lauds supporters of McKeesport Hospital Foundation Invitational
- Basketball, soccer star Strom named Friend of Steel Valley
- Special events planned as part of Kennywood’s 2015 season
- Mon-Yough communities pick up litter, collect recyclables during Great American Cleanup
- Group strives to preserve memory of SS McKeesport
- Old New England Elementary School sale approved by West Mifflin Area board
- Greenock kids learn 3 R’s of Earth Day
- Political signs line Mon-Yough streets at election time
- Steel Valley board OKs no-tax-hike spend plan