Gun found in Whitaker yard after shooting
Whitaker police have recovered a handgun believed to have been used in a shooting Thursday night when one person was wounded.
Police were called to Whitaker Way and Frank Street about 11:22 p.m. The victim was transported to a hospital. Allegheny County dispatch said homicide detectives were sent at 11:43.
Whitaker police Chief John Vargo said his department received a call Friday morning from a woman who saw a gun in her yard along Frank Street. Officers recovered a 22 mm revolver.
County police continue to investigate.
No further information about the victim or suspects was available.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting should contact county police at 412-473-3000.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 9-month probe leads to major heroin bust in McKeesport
- McKeesport Area student leadership group donates Halloween costumes
- Wolf pays another vist to the Mon Valley as Corbett remains absent
- West Mifflin Area adjusts solicitor duties
- McKeesport leaders sign pledge to be part of solution to violence
- Protestants preparing for Reformation Sunday observances; Protestants, Catholics plan for 2017
- Propels leave the lights on to showcase their after-school activities
- Allegheny County explores state of Mon Valley area health
- Harvest of Hope fundraiser to support cancer patients
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- 7 McKeesport letter carriers earn Million Mile status